- You are here: Home > Do your banking locally
You are here
Do your banking locally
You shop locally. Do your banking locally, too. Here's why
- Socially responsible. The community wins. Banking at PARAMA helps to create jobs in our neighbourhood. We hire locally, we pay taxes here in Ontario and we help local businesses succeed. And we support local community projects and programs.
- Lower Cost Banking. Members don't pay account or transaction fees to do their everyday banking. Check out our No Fee Everyday Banking Advantage.
- ATMs. Surcharge-free access to a huge network of ATMs and retailers across Canada, the U.S. and the world - just look for THE EXCHANGE(R), AccuLink(R), accel(R), Interac(R), Cirrus(R), Allpoint(R) or maestro(R) logos.
- Bank Online. Full digital banking, remote deposit, e-transfers, security alerts and much more.
- Products. A full suite of retirement and taxable investment products and attractive term deposit and savings rates.
- Deposit Insurance. The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) deposit insurance program protects insurable deposits up to $250k (unregistered) and unlimited (registered). Read more about Ontario Credit Union deposit insurance here: https://www.fsrao.ca/consumers/deposit-insurance-and-credit-unions
- Members are Owners. You get to vote and you have influence.
- Lending Criteria. More flexible than the big banks. You are more than just a 'ratio', our lending decisions are also based on our relationship with you.
- Highly Regulated. PARAMA is regulated under the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario which has oversight for all Ontario credit unions.
- Customer Service Excellence. IPSOS awarded Canadian credit unions the Customer Service Excellence Award (formerly 'the best banking award') for the 15th year in a row.
- Not new. We've been around since 1952.
We're looking forward to showing you why PARAMA Credit Union is one of the fastest growing credit unions in Canada.