You are here
- You are here: Home > Investing > Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GICs)
- Minimum $1,000 deposit.
- Terms vary from 1 to 5 years.
- Interest is paid annually and deposited directly into your Daily Interest Chequing account.
- Certificates cannot be cashed prior to date of maturity
- No Rebate GICs: Offer higher interest rates and are also available for 1 to 5 year terms but are not eligible for bonus interest under PARAMA's profit sharing program.
- Cashable GICs: Available for a 1 year term at a slightly lower interest rate than the conventional 1 year GIC. These are cashable anytime from 60 days after the initial deposit and require a minimum deposit of $10,000.
- US Dollar GICs: Available for a 1 year term with a minimum of a $1,000 deposit. Principal investment plus interest earned are deposited directly into your US Dollar Savings Account on the day of maturity. These GICs are not cashable prior to their maturity date.
Our GIC Rates