Are you looking to join a dynamic, community-based financial institution with a strong commitment to its members?
With over 60 years of history in the Bloor West area of Toronto, Parama offers a full range of modern financial products and services featuring exceptional personalized service, no fee every day banking and highly competitive interest rates. With close to $350 million in assets and growing, we are looking to add a highly motivated individual with strong analytical and relationship skills to our highly successful lending team.
Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer, this position plays a key role in Parama’s growth strategies and carries the potential to advance into other senior roles within the organization. It represents an excellent opportunity for a people-oriented individual with excellent communications skills, a flair for financial analysis and the ability to multi-task, who is eager to make a real impact in a vibrant, more personal, cooperative financial setting.
This is a contract position with a one-year term, which, if not extended, may lead to other opportunities within the organization.
· Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective members and referral sources; network with external organizations and individuals for new business opportunities
· Manage a residential real estate portfolio. Perform annual reviews of credit lines, identify trends and monitor problem accounts. Develop risk mitigation strategies and source growth opportunities where appropriate
· Perform due diligence and analysis on new credit opportunities.
· Identify and pursue opportunities to promote other business services and non-credit products
· Present credit recommendations to appropriate approval authorities.
· Maintain and manage professional relationships with various business partners including borrowers, appraisers, legal resources, brokers, and other financial institutions
· Contribute to other organizational initiatives as appropriate
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Previous banking experience or mitigating strengths.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 platforms including Word & Excel
· University degree in business / commerce
· Strong analytical and relationship management skills
· Desire and ability to provide an exceptional experience and service for members, applicants, brokers and business partners
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and handle multiple priorities, ability to identify issues and opportunities and develop solutions
Submit your resume along with a covering letter describing your interest in this role, and the skills and attributes that you bring to our team, by February 28th 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted