Member Focused. Enthusiastic. Inspired. Engaged.
At Parama, we are committed to creating a highly engaged workforce we believe is critical to our success and yours. Are you looking for an employer who shares your passion and enthusiasm? Do you want a job where you know you’re making a difference, every day you come to work? Do you want a challenging career with an organization that gives back to the community? We’ll provide an inspirational environment that’s open and collaborative, that empowers you to reach your professional goals and excel in the work of fulfilling our vision.
Commercial Mortgage Officer
Are you looking to join a dynamic, community-based financial institution with a strong commitment to its members?
With over 60 years of history in the Bloor West area of Toronto, Parama offers a full range of modern financial products and services featuring exceptional personalized service, no fee every day banking and highly competitive interest rates. With over $270 million in assets and growing, we are looking to add a highly motivated individual with strong analytical and relationship skills to our highly successful commercial lending team.
Reporting to the Manager, Lending Services, this position is key to Parama’s growth strategies and carries the potential to advance into other senior roles within the organization. It represents an excellent opportunity for a sales oriented individual with a flair for financial analysis, multi-tasking and the ability to perform efficiently who is eager to make a real impact in a vibrant, more personal, cooperative financial setting.
• Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective commercial clients; network with external business organizations and individuals for new business opportunities.
• Manage a commercial real estate portfolio. Perform annual reviews of risk and profitability, identify trends and monitor problem accounts. Develop risk mitigation strategies and source growth opportunities where appropriate.
• Perform due diligence and analysis on new credit opportunities. Structure and negotiate terms and conditions of credit facilities.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to promote other business services and non-credit products; review current portfolio to ensure clients have proper banking products.
• Present credit recommendations to appropriate approval authorities.
• Maintain and manage professional relationships with various business partners including borrowers, legal resources, brokers, and other financial institutions.
• Contribute to other organizational initiatives as appropriate.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Previous experience in commercial banking or equivalent in demonstrating the ability to “hit the ground running”.
• Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point).
• University degree in business / commerce.
• Strong analytical and relationship management skills.
• Desire and ability to provide an exceptional experience and service for members, applicants, brokers and syndicate partners.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and handle multiple priorities, ability to identify issues and opportunities and develop solutions.
This position offers the opportunity to grow and take on additional responsibilities based on ability and career goals. We offer a competitive compensation package and a positive work environment. Interested? Submit your resume along with a covering letter describing your interest in this role, and the skills and attributes that you bring to our team, by August 15th 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted