- You are here: Home > GIC 1-Year 1.25%
You are here
GIC 1-Year 1.25%
Get a better GIC rate with PARAMA Credit Union
COMPARE BANK RATES*:
|Bank of Montreal||0.35%|
|RBC Royal Bank||0.40%|
The Small Print: Non-redeemable. To buy a Parama GIC, you must be a member. Call us for an appointment to set up new membership. Parama rates based on $1,000 minimum investment. PARAMA has other terms and rates available and will work with our Members to get the best rate possible. Have more to invest? Talk to us.
Check out other great rates on Savings and Investments.
Get our Everyday Chequing Account for all your banking needs! Download and fill out our account opening package, email it to us and we'll be in touch to get you started. Or call one of our branches.
Terms & Conditions:
PARAMA GIC Offer
- PARAMA Credit Union’s GIC offer (“the offer”) is available to all Members and can be held in a registered or unregistered account. If applicable, the Member must meet the requirements for holding a RRIF, RRSP, RESP or TFSA.
- The offer is available in branch or by virtual meeting/phone to new and existing Members. If you are an Ontario resident you may become a Member. Learn about Membership here, or give us a call. Transfers and deposits to new registered plans require original signatures. A deposit into an existing plan does not require an original signature and may be done by virtual meeting/phone.
- The offer rate is an annual percentage rate. Interest will be calculated daily and paid at the end of the term into the Member’s registered investment savings account (if registered) or as pre-arranged.
- Rates can change at any time, so don't wait.
- If applicable, it is the Member’s responsibility to verify that they have adequate contribution room in their registered product (RRIF, RRSP, TFSA, and RESP) prior to making an investment. Contribution room is the maximum amount you can contribute and is comprised of unused contribution amounts and withdrawals from previous years. Anyone who exceeds their contribution limit is subject to a tax penalty from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- If funds are being transferred from another financial institution, the T2033 transfer form must be signed.
- PARAMA will pay up to $100 in compensation for transfer charges for RSP funds transferred from another financial institution.
- Your deposits are safe and sound – Eligible deposits in registered accounts have unlimited coverage through FSRA - Eligible deposits (not in registered accounts) are insured up to $250,000. Read more about Ontario Credit Union deposit insurance here: https://www.fsrao.ca/consumers/deposit-insurance-and-credit-unions
*Bank rates sourced from ratehub.ca on September 8, 2021.