- You are here: Home > Special GIC Offer
You are here
Special GIC Offer
Transferring a deposit from another financial institution? Get a 1-year GIC paying 2%! Rate applies to registered RSP, TFSA, RRIF, RESP and unregistered deposits, too.
The Small Print: New deposits only. Rates are subject to change at any time. Fixed term GICs are non-redeemable. To buy a Parama GIC you must be or become a member. Becoming a new member requires a visit in person to one of our west end Toronto branches. Please call for an appointment.
PARAMA has other terms and rates available for your RRSP, TFSA, RRIF and Unregistered savings. CLICK TO SEE THEM
Terms & Conditions:
- PARAMA Credit Union’s offer (“the offer”) is available to Members only, for registered or unregistered deposits. If applicable, the Member must meet the requirements for holding a registered retirement savings plan.
- Special GIC 1-year rate Offer is for new money only - account minimums apply.
- The offer is available in branch or by virtual meeting/phone to new and existing Members. Learn about Membership here, or give us a call. Transfers and deposits to new registered plans require original signatures. A deposit into an existing plan does not require an original signature and may be done by virtual meeting/phone.
- If funds are being transferred from another financial institution, the T2033 transfer form must be signed - if account is registered.
- PARAMA will pay up to $100 in compensation for transfer charges for RSP funds transferred from another financial institution. Account minimum applies..
- If applicable, it is the Member’s responsibility to verify that they have adequate contribution room in their registered product (RRIF, RRSP, TFSA, and RESP) prior to making an investment. Contribution room is the maximum amount you can contribute and is comprised of unused contribution amounts and withdrawals from previous years. Anyone who exceeds their contribution limit is subject to a tax penalty from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- The offer rate is an annual percentage rate. Interest is paid annually.
- Your deposits are safe and sound. Eligible deposits in registered accounts have unlimited coverage through FSRA. Eligible deposits (not in registered accounts) are insured up to $250,000. Read more about Ontario Credit Union deposit insurance here: https://www.fsrao.ca/consumers/deposit-insurance-and-credit-unions
- Rates can change at any time, so don't wait to take advantage of this rate special.
Daily Interest Premium Savings Maintain maximum flexibility with your funds. Deposit and withdraw whenever you need - and never worry about carrying a certain balance just to benefit from this rate.
Get our Everyday Chequing Account for all your banking needs! Download and fill out our account opening package, email it to us and we'll be in touch to get you started. Or call one of our branches.